Google+ The Geeks Menagerie: New Tower Construction Project - Part 1

Sunday, October 28, 2012

New Tower Construction Project - Part 1

Now that fall has come again, I got the bug to build something. This time around I decided it was time to finally build a wizards tower, but im also going to add a model terrain. I'm going over a few ideas for the terrain but I haven't settled on anything as of yet. As for the tower, here is the initial pics:


The Tower is a 4" in Diameter by 12" tall cardboard tube. (A white robed wizards guards his tower.)


As you can see the upper portion of the tower, which is 4" in Diameter by 2.5" tall, Is a bit rough on the top surface. I'm leaving this to give it a weathered appearance, the columns are made of .25" dowels.


After deciding to not have a conical style roof, I removed the center of the top surface, giving it more of a greek architectural feel. (Our wizard inspects the new construction)


This is the platform I plan on using, but it might be too small for the terrain im thinking of doing. The walls where just something i was messing around with, but I dont plan on using any. (that pesky cleric really want into the tower)


Next up I cut out three pieces of wood to be used for the stairs leading up to the main entrance of the tower.


Cutting two of the pieces at an angle I created the exterior stairs. (Our unfriendly dark cleric is inspecting the stairs. He seems pleased)

Thats it for part one, I hope you enjoyed my initial construction details, stay tuned for more.

No comments: