Google+ The Geeks Menagerie: Comic stuff! Not just DC!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Comic stuff! Not just DC!

So I am reading some comics other than from DC, but not much. From Marvel I'm reading :

Secret Avengers - This was a fun book..... until Fear itself happened. Stupid Tie-in issues that make absolutely no sense if you havent been reading the mini series. Not sure if I'm going to keep getting this book. Marvel just need to bring back Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D.!! I miss you secret warriors!!

New Mutants - Issues 29-31 Tie-in to Fear itself, but unlike secret avengers it makes sense! It feels like a  classic Chris Claremont New mutants story. Dani Moonstar (Dark Valkyrie for Hela (Asgardian god of the dead)) travels to HEL (Norse version of Hell) to enlist help from Hela, only to discover Helas body impaled! Mean while the rest of the new mutants decide to head over to Hel to lend Dani a hand. Doug (aka Cypher) miss reads a spell transporting them to Mephistos Hell! Its a fun read.

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero - This series continues where the original one left off. I have to admit I never read the end of the old series but after I read the free comic book day offering I had to pick this up. Solid stories and great looking art.

StarWars - The Old Republic: The Lost Suns - This is the second Old republic mini series from Dark Horse comics. Nothing spectacular but it was still a fun story. It follows Republic spy Theron Shan as he tries to destroy the Sith's star-killing Sun Razer mega-weapon.

StarWars - Dark Times: Out of the Wilderness - This continues the previous Dark Times series where it left off. Following the adventures of the fugitive Jedi Dass Jennir, the coolest part of issue #2 there is a Verpine Jedi!

No comments: