Google+ The Geeks Menagerie: RPG scores, gaming continues and comics!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

RPG scores, gaming continues and comics!

Alright, here we go again, on black Friday my wife decided we needed to go shopping. For once shopping paid off for me. Headed out to Half price books and scored some sweet books. First off I found 3 copies of the AD&D Dungeon Masters guides, of which I grabbed the best looking copy.(stock photo from rpg.net)
My original book was falling apart at the spine so I was happy to replace it. Next up is an RPG that I have played a couple times but never own a copy of the book. Earth Dawn 2nd edition: Brand new HC, this game is alot of fun, I highly recommend trying it out.




Moving on from those sweet acquisitions we move over to the world of comics. I was shocked to find a brand new never opened copy of  Marv Wolfman / George Perez's New Teen Titans: Games Hard Cover.



This is a beautiful book with one of the coolest Titan stories ever told, plus I picked it up for $10. If you have a local half price books or used book store, you should check them out. You never know what you can find. Along with the above I also found a few comics:

X-factor # 7 (vol. 1)
The Green Lantern Corps # 223

The Mighty Thor # 396
G.I. Joe A Real American Hero! # 5, 7, 17, 18, 19, 22 (marvel 1982)
Classic X-men # 4-6, 10-13, 23

In other news on the gaming front, plans for the January Game event are slowly moving forward. I've got a few people lined up to GM/DM a few games, now im just looking for more people to attend as players. hehe a work in progress =) Also, I will be continuing my current 4th edition D&D game based in my Home Brew world of Cal'Thel. Quinn (a knight of Kalamar) and Bayard (a war cleric) are brothers on an adventure to safe guard their families lands. A friend of mine is DM and has been running our little adventure every couple months for a year or so now. It is very cool to be playing characters in the world i've been building on for over 20 years now..

No comments: